Monday 6 June 2016

Creature research

for my project i wanted to add elements of wildlife including plants and animals, i wanted to put a dragon into my work to further emphasise the fantasy theme so i brainstormed different ideas on different styles to make it look unique, things like wings from different creatures to have a mixed creature.


i looked into different wings of creatures like butterflies and different birds and i went with a doves wings for my design, doves being a symbol of peace, i decided to make my dragon look peaceful by not having large horns like typical dragons usually have.




































While looking at reference images for doves wings i noticed that showing light passing through their wings was a common trend so i thought about how i could use this in my work since my main focus was the lighting.


Another creature i looked at for research was gryphon's as they were already similar to the creature i had already thought of  but i decided to keep my design as i thought it was more unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment